Course Reflection and Final Project (ED 7300)

Overview

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve worked on a multimedia project for my Advanced Application of Media & Technology Course (ED 7300) at Sul Ross State University. Throughout the 8 weeks of the course, I learned about the various components of multimedia and the multitude of ways they can be utilized for personal, professional, and creative outlets.

For my project, I decided to attempt a sample promotional piece for the Educational Instructional Technology (EIT) graduate program of which I currently am a member of. My main focus was to provide a quick and enjoyable presentation with a section that provides links and embedded video of students’ sample work from the program. Below is a video link to the presentation:

Outcome

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with what I was able to put together in a short amount of time. Ideally, there are still some aspects of the presentation I would like to incorporate better or adjust, but in the end, I believe I accomplished the basic vision of what I set out to do.

In terms of challenges within the project, it was my first time incorporating a narration and music track for a presentation. After some tinkering, I was able to achieve a satisfactory voice over that blended well with the background track. While I was able to highlight the student work section, I would like to learn more or try other programs that I think would make it stand out. Additionally, I tried to adhere to at least a handful of Mayer’s 12 Principles of Multimedia Learning by focusing on coherence and signaling, essentially making the project and overall product simple and easy to follow in terms of images, content, and narrative.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Instructional Innovation & Competency Based Learning

Predictive Analytics & Emerging Technologies

ESSA & the Texas Education System