Finding the Path Isn't Always Easy

I’ve never been a teacher before, so it’s with great interest that I find myself in the center of a program that aims to improve the learning process for many different students, groups, businesses, and individuals over a broad spectrum. This has also led me to currently discovering how best to apply instructional frameworks and how to have a direct hand in development and analysis of those methods.

So which development model or learning theory should I apply to my method? What is my specific pedagogical approach? Is there a one-size-fits-all option that will allow me to cover most, if not all, areas of which I expect a client or learner to successfully absorb? Will the information I need them to process be obtainable in terms of the design and desired outcomes? So far, I believe the answers are much more varied than just ‘yes’ or ‘no’.  

In just the few short weeks that I’ve entrenched myself into the Ed. Tech program at SUL ROSS STATE UNIVERSITY, I’ve discovered that there is no rigid or traditional approach when developing and discovering learning frameworks, only the viability of circumstance and resource. Those two things, I believe, are at the forefront of determining how best to approach a client or students educational or training needs. Above all, I can be certain that any model of which I design and implement, will be constructed with the needs of the learner in mind. How I ultimately decide to do that will not be based solely on, for example, a Behaviorist or Constructivist design or development around the SAMR and ARCS frameworks. It will be determined by the circumstances of the learner and the availability of the resources I have or seek.

The best part of this whole endeavor is that I won’t have to feel constrained to one or two specific modes of operation, I will instead have the opportunity to discuss, analyze, and integrate what I best see fit to accomplish a specific goal or goals. The idea that I can experiment with known methods and eventually design a model that produces tangible results is what motivates me the most moving forward. The prospect of using all of what I will practice and absorb to build a model of instruction that has yet to be implemented, is something that gives me hope that I can eventually assist with providing a meaningful and successful understanding for how people can improve their learning using all of the resources available to them.


Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing and we are so excited to have you in our EIT program!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Instructional Innovation & Competency Based Learning

Predictive Analytics & Emerging Technologies

ESSA & the Texas Education System